Ruby loves to play ball. What dog doesn't? The game of chase and catch the ball is one of her favorite parts of her day, beside chasing, pouncing and pummeling any cat that happens to be within her reach or barking at the horses so they will move, or trying to grab the broom I am using to sweep the barn aisle with.
I've never seen a dog run so fast and be so intense about catching that flying and rolling ball. It's certainly fun for not only her but us humans as well. We get such a charge out of her silliness. Let's take a look at Ruby's favorite sport and see her in action.
The ball has been thrown and zooommm, like a race car there she goes, ears flat back for more aerodynamics. So much speed here, almost a blur. She looks similiar to a bunny doesn't she? Thus the bunny butt term she's known for. You can almost hear those gears shifting into high speed.
She's made the catch and runs away with her steal!
"Kitty-cat, your time is coming! I'm on constant sneaky cat alert!"
Sometimes, Ruby isn't as quick and coordinated as she would like to be. She is a show off most of the time and 97% of the time will grab that ball with massive forces of her teeth and jaw, but the other 3%, she well, misses.
She likes to get going so fast that, sometimes she just can't slow down in time to pick up her ball. And so this happens. Whoa, we forgot the brakes on that one Ruby.
"Ha-ha-ha-ha, you didn't see that did you? Whew, I must be getting tired."