It is Saturday....nearly Sunday and also Easter. My last few days have involved snow, rain, mud, water, muck, and so on. All that snow melted of course. It rained last night. Our sump continues to run and kick on every 5 minutes. We were without power for nearly 48 hours but thankfully our generator kept going giving us heat, lights, internet, television and a powered sump pump. You know, all the essential things you truly need and/or miss when the electric is out.
Yesterday was my birthday. And just like every other birthday I have had since I turned 30, boring. Because once you turn 30, things start to head downhill and no one really cares anymore. At least I don't! But Yooper tells me I am aging like a fine wine. Gonna be one helluva expensive wine I tell ya!
My kids love birthdays and spoil me all day long. Breakfast in bed, hugs, letting me know what a nice mom I am which leaves me wondering.... WHAT DO THEY WANT?
So here are few random happenings in my life right now.
- Mini Me made some bunny ears for Edgar. He wears them well, actually looks like Peter Cottontail.
- We found a dead calf yesterday and it remains a mystery of how it happened. All I can say is I hate being the one to drag its lifeless body away from all the cows, especially its mama. And that folks is life on the farm.
- And speaking of death. I know, go ahead mouse click the red box right now! Hope killed another innocent, wild bunny rabbit the other day. I was none to happy about that. Horrified in fact. Sad. Now the kids wonder if the Easter Rabbit will make it here tomorrow.
- Gas prices went up again today. Sorry to remind you.
- Our renovated room is done! Done I tell you! Done! I love it. Some day I will share more pictures of how we got to this point. Long, long process.
- My birthday was yesterday. Did I mention that already? In roughly two years I will be 40. And I am gonna party like a rock star when that happens. And NOT go hide in my closet, sucking my thumb and nursing a bottle of wine.
- In less than a month my first horse will turn 36 years old. Such a sweet old girl!
- We have a cat that is 21 years old. Yes, welcome to my geriatric world.
- I was featured on this website recently. Yes, that is me.....and Ruby!Another website I love is featuring me this week and I am sooo excited!